When it comes to National Days, there’s no denying that there seems to be an endless amount of them. And most of them revolve around food – our favorite! However, when you take a look at the list of days, a few stand out more than others. For instance, September 20th happens to be one of our favorites here at Constantly Pizza. Why? Well, it’s National Pepperoni Pizza Day! National Day or not, if you’re looking for the best pizza around, we’re always here to help you celebrate!
However, in lieu of the pepperoni pizza, we’re taking this time to delve into this historic customer favorite with a few fun facts that may (or may not) help you during the next trivia night!
Taking it back in time.
Like anything, there is a first when it comes to pepperoni pizzas. And, like any food, the beginnings always have a few variations. However, many stories bring the reader to New York City during the year of 1905 as immigration into America was at its peak. With immigration came bits and pieces of many different cultures – like pepperoni and pizzas.
If you never heard of Lombardi’s in New York City, this neighborhood market is known as the father of all things pizza in the United States.
It probably comes as no surprise that pepperoni is one of the most popular pizzas – aside from cheese. But the following facts may be a bit more of a surprise:
- Americans consume around 250 million pounds of pepperoni each year.
- The first ever online pizza purchase was made to Pizza Hut for a pepperoni and mushroom.
- Arizona is one of the largest producers of pepperoni.
- Super Bowl weekend produces the highest revenue in pizza sales over any other time during the year.
- Italians don’t eat pepperoni – in fact, it’s extremely hard to find this meat when traveling to the country!
- The word pepperoni comes from Italy, however, it is based on a dried salami that includes peppers.
Stop searching for the best pizza near you and visit our family!
Whether it’s National Pepperoni Pizza Day or an average Friday night, anytime is the perfect time to kick back and let us do the cooking! Give us a call or place your order online and join in on the fun with one of the best pepperoni pizzas in town!
Constantly Pizza is open until 10 PM most nights. Give us a call at 603-224-9366 to place your order!